Welcome to James Madison University Dining
At JMU Dining, we strive for excellence in all things. We know that dining is an integral part of campus life and see each day as an opportunity to serve delicious food, host great events, create warm environments, and provide an overall memorable dining experience. Convinced that nutritious food is essential to a healthy lifestyle and strong academics, we build our menus with health in mind. By creating menus rich in fruits, vegetables, lean meats, grains, and low-fat dairy, we make eating a well-balanced meal an easy choice.
Curious what else is important to us?
Check out the following pillars that serve as the foundation of our program:
- We employ a team of classically-trained chefs - Led by our executive chef, they have over 100 years of combined experience in the kitchen.
- We're dedicated to local farmers and local food purchasing - Virginia is our home and we're proud of it!
- We're committed to a well-balanced menu - Our registered dietitian and executive chef make sure our food is delicious and nutritionally complete.
- We're culinary thrill-seekers - Bored by the ordinary, we seek to raise the bar through culinary innovation, knowledge of food trends, and a willingness to take risks.
- We believe that students know best - Our partnership with the Student Government Association ensures student involvement in all important dining decisions.
- We take feedback seriously - We actively seek input from the community via our Voice of the Customer platform, DiningStyles surveys, focus groups and social media channels.
- We understand food isn't all there is to dining - We constantly plan events, giveaways, contests, and classes to boost engagement.
- We partner with student groups and organizations on projects, events, and fund-raisers.
1031 Harrison Street, MSC 0901
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
Click here to view a map of our locations.
Click here to view our 2017-2018 hours of operation for all locations.