What is a Meal Plan?
A Meal Plan unlocks delicious meals, coffee, snacks, and more, at over 25 locations across campus. Your Meal Plan includes Meal Punches and Dining Dollars, conveniently loaded onto your JACard. No need to carry additional cards or cash!
Meal PunchesMeal Punches give you access to D-Hall and E-Hall, our two residential dine-in locations on campus. One punch gets you access to several stations ranging from Vegan to International Cuisine; homestyle comfort foods to yummy desserts; salad bar and healthy options; and traditional favorites like chicken nuggets, peanut butter pie and Buffalo Mash!
Dining DollarsDining Dollars may be used at any JMU Dining location. Visit our locations page for location information, including dining hall menus and hours of operation.
You may also use your Meal Punches at select retail locations as a meal exchange – one punch for a menu meal option. All Access Meal Plan Members have a daily limit of punches that can be used for Duke Deals – 3 per day. Commuter Meal Plan Members may currently use any of their punches for meal exchange, without a daily limit. Your best value for a Punch is dining at D-Hall and E-Hall, but Duke Deals offer variety and convenience to your meal plan.
Use your punch as a $7 cash equivalency at Market 64, Festival & Urec Freshens.
Meal Plan Benefits
With your meal plan, you receive many benefits and perks, including:
- Quality food made fresh by our culinary team, with a variety of menu options personalized the way you like
- Healthy choices available all across campus
- Special events with themed meals and exclusive offers for meal plan members
- Casual atmosphere with wifi, TVs, music and lounge-style seating—perfect for studying or hanging out with friends.
- Dedicated True Balance Allergen Friendly station at both D-Hall and E-Hall
Managing Your Plan
There are three ways you can check your Meal Punches and Dining Dollars balance:
- Go to MyMadison online portal
- Ask a cashier on the spot of purchase
- Visit the meal plan office in the Student Success Center
- Meal Plans are annual contracts, therefore you will automatically be reassigned your fall plan in the spring. Contact JACard Office for details.
- Meal Plans are not active during university breaks