Sick Meal Pick Up
Feeling under the weather and not able to use your meal plan? You can still get your comfort foods to get you back on the path to wellness. The Sick Meal Pick Up program is for all meal plan members who are experiencing any illness or injury that prevents you from using your punches for D-Hall, E-Hall or Duke Deals.
This program is in addition to the University’s formal COVID-19 isolation and quarantine process. You should request a pick up when you are feeling under the weather; are injured an immobile; or you have symptoms of COVID-19 but you have not been tested and isolated yet.
How it works:
1. Designate a friend to get a to-go box from D-Hall or E-Hall and fill it with your choice of food; or use your punch for a Duke Deal. This could be your roommate, your best friend, someone you know from class, a teammate, anyone you trust!
2. Let your friend know what you want from D-Hall or E-Hall; or your Duke Deal. Please make sure to let them know if you have a food intolerance or allergy.
3. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your JAC number and your friend’s name as well as the last day you will need meals picked up and confirm that you approved someone else to use your card.
4. Send your friend to get your meal!
5. Call 540-810-9807 if you have any questions for JMU Dining. This number is manned/checked from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., 7 days a week.
If you are isolated/quarantined, the University will take care of the process for your meals when you live on campus. JMU Dining is working in partnership with Health Services and Housing to ensure that all students are nourished should they be isolated or quarantined on campus. If you live off-campus and have a meal plan, send a friend to get your meals for you using the Sick Meal Pick Up Program.
The program is for all other illnesses or injury; or if you have symptoms of COVID-19 but have not been tested and assessed. Suspect you may have COVID-19? Please start your journey to getting better by reaching out to the JMU University Health Center: 540-568-6178.
We hope you get well soon!