What is that?!
It’s a Starship delivery robot. It delivers groceries and hot food from stores and restaurants around campus to anyone with the Starship Food Delivery App on their mobile device.
How does the service work?
* Download the ‘Starship Food Delivery’ App from the App Store onto your mobile device.
* In our App you will see the locations on campus where you can order delivery
* You drop a pin on a map selecting where you want to receive your delivery
* Once you’ve paid, a person at the store packs a robot with your order, and you can track your robot as it travels to you
* Once the robot turns up, you get a notification to say it has arrived. You then use your phone to unlock the robot via the app
* The robot then travels back towards the store to be cleaned, sanitized and rewarded with a treat
What locations on campus deliver?
How much does a delivery cost?
What are the benefits of a Starship Delivery?
They’re affordable, convenient and environmentally friendly. They deliver food anywhere around campus in 30 minutes, and there’s also a pick-up option in the app which allows users to skip the line. The robots are also a safe delivery option right now with the pandemic as they help reduce crowding in dining halls and help social distancing.