Starship Robots are on Campus!
Delivering dining to your doorstep!
Starship Technologies has partnered with JMU Dining to offer a futuristic delivery service! That’s right, you can have your food brought to you by a robot!
Enjoy savory snacks, sweet treats, and hearty meals from all over the JMU campus without leaving the comfort of your favorite hangout! The robots provide a safe,
fast, affordable and environmentally friendly delivery.
Your Dining Dollars can be synced to Starship’s app, so you can order from your favorite campus restaurants, like Starbucks, Subway, Stake n' Shake for a small delivery fee.
Ready to get your meals on six wheels?
- Download the Starship Deliveries App
- Place your order from participating campus restaurants.
- Sit back and track your order as a robot makes its way to you!
Learn more about Starship Technologies mission to transform the future of delivery.
- How do robots know where they’re going?
Most of the time the robots drive autonomously, using a mixture of computer vision and GPS to pinpoint their exact location to the nearest inch.
- How much does a delivery cost?
The delivery price can change but it’s normally just a few bucks
- How do you ensure sanitary deliveries?
The robots are cleaned and sanitized before every delivery.
- Are they environmentally friendly?
Starship’s robots are safe and green and 100% electric
- How fast does it go?
The robot travels safely at 4 mph.
- Does it travel on roads or sidewalks?
The robots are designed to act like a pedestrian, so mainly sidewalks, but they cross
- Are they 100% Autonomous?
We aim for 99% autonomous operation. The robots can be monitored remotely by a human who can take control at any time, if needed.
- How much does the robot weigh?
- How much can the robot carry?
Around 20 pounds