Starship Robots are on Campus!
Delivering dining to your doorstep!
Starship Technologies has partnered with JMU Dining to offer a futuristic delivery service! That’s right, you can have your food brought to you by a robot!
Enjoy savory snacks, sweet treats, and hearty meals from all over the JMU campus without leaving the comfort of your favorite hangout! The robots provide a safe,
fast, affordable and environmentally friendly delivery.
Your Dining Dollars can be synced to Starship’s app, so you can order from your favorite campus restaurants, like Starbucks, Subway, Stake n' Shake for a small delivery fee.
Ready to get your meals on six wheels?
- Download the Starship Deliveries App
- Place your order from participating campus restaurants.
- Sit back and track your order as a robot makes its way to you!
Learn more about Starship Technologies mission to transform the future of delivery.
NEW! Skip the lines!
You can now use the starship app to order ahead at participating locations.
Simply select a location and select "Pick Up" in the top right corner instead of "Delivery".
After ordering you can head to the restaurant and pick up your food!
- How do robots know where they’re going?
Most of the time the robots drive autonomously, using a mixture of computer vision and GPS to pinpoint their exact location to the nearest inch.
- How much does a delivery cost?
The delivery price can change but it’s normally just a few bucks
- How do you ensure sanitary deliveries?
The robots are cleaned and sanitized before every delivery.
- Are they environmentally friendly?
Starship’s robots are safe and green and 100% electric
- How fast does it go?
The robot travels safely at 4 mph.
- Does it travel on roads or sidewalks?
The robots are designed to act like a pedestrian, so mainly sidewalks, but they cross
- Are they 100% Autonomous?
We aim for 99% autonomous operation. The robots can be monitored remotely by a human who can take control at any time, if needed.
- How much does the robot weigh?
- How much can the robot carry?
Around 20 pounds